Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Jasmine Thompson unveiled "Drop Your Guard"

Jasmine Thompson, 13-year-old indie sensation from Central  London, England, is leaving our jaws dropped with the release of new music video for a brand new original song "Drop Your Guard," which was co-wrote with Emily Philips and Duck Blackwell and featured on Thompson's sophomore full-length album "Another Bundle of Tantrums," released on April 22 in the US, follow up her debut album, "Bundle of Tantrums," was released in September of last year. The "Drop Your Guard" video was produced and directed by Simone Radclyffe of Oliver's Island.
Thirteen can be rough, but Thompson seems to be handling it pretty well, as she is already releasing her second album of cover songs, along with this original track "Drop Your Guard." In the past year, the talented London native made a name for herself in the new millennial way by posting covers and originals on YouTube. Thompson's crystal clear, haunting vocals have led her to gain early support and her numbers are astounding, as she has nabbed a whopping 44 million views on YouTube for her 60+ videos, and amassing a devoted fan base on both sides of the Atlantic with her gorgeously delivered covers of popular songs. Yep, she's totally owning 13.
So what' all the fuss about? All you need to do is hear her open her mouth and sing, and you will totally get why the Internet has fallen in love with this supreme talent. The London-based singer-songwriter/pianist/guitarist  has a gorgeously crystalline and ethereal voice - Ellie Goulding and Christina Perri are probably her nearest sonic relatives - and her voice wraps around the listener. She sounds like a seasoned vet, not like someone barely into her teens. Her voice is big and beautiful, but never showy, on these tracks.
When asked about the inspiration behind the single, Thompson explained: "'Drop Your Guard' is a song about being open with your family and friends. When you are upset about something you don't have to cope all on your own. Talking about it helps. But even if you are not ready to talk about it, just being with your family and friends helps. It was inspired by an experience I had with my brother. Once I was upset when we were on a family holiday in the Lake District. I walked ahead, sulking. My brother caught up with me and started talking to me about other things, fun things. I was surprised how quickly I forgot about my upsets, even though my brother didn't make me talk about what made me upset in the first place."

No comments: