Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tom Odell has used up tears on "Another Love"

Hotly-tipped UK singer-songwriter Tom Odell has released a new version of music video, which has been billed as a short film, for his stirring piano ballad, "Another Love," the the lead single and title track off his acclaimed debut extended play, "Songs from Another Love," that earned him the 2013 British Critic’s Choice Award, as well as the third single from Odell's debut long-player, "Long Way Down," which is due out June 24th through Columbia records, as he told Digital Spy, "is about the end of a relationship."
Atop beautiful piano compositions by this classically trained musician, who storing all his ideas on a Dictaphone for years before moving up to London so that more people could hear his music. Disguised by unmistakable youth and porcelain skin, Odell carries experience, heart break, and emotional depth. The British 22-year-old falls into a space that borders James Blake's minimalistic territory, yet spills over into Alex Clare's soulful emotionality. "Another Love" has a similar recipe in its soft-sounding verse: "I want to cry and I want to love, but all my tears have been used up." Suddenly, it gets all fired up giving it a grand atmosphere, where violent acoustic strums, heavy keys and solid beat align it with Mumford and Sons.
Odell explained the tune: "It's about a particular relationship that I had. It's that feeling a lot of people have when they're in a new relationship but they can't stop thinking about the last one. When I was 16 or 17 I fell in love with someone and she broke my heart, and that's what 'Another Love' is about." The track reminds us that love knows no age and teenagers can often feel the brunt of its lasting scars–for the unlucky in love. He explains, "All my tears have been used up on another love. I want to fight, but my hand's been broken one too many times. Yeah, I'll sing a song that'll be just ours, but I sang 'em all to another heart." Will he love again? We hope so, for the sake of one lucky heart out there.
British heart wrenching crooner Odell has channeled the pain and tears of "Another Love" into a mysterious video that chronicles the search for a missing woman, and the protagonist's inability to recognize his lost love even when she's right in front of him. The visuals are compelling because they speak to the message of the song, what happens when we let our heart get stuck so far in the past, bound in fear, that we don't see the happiness that could be ours, that's within arm's reach. Filmed by Jamie Thraves and was filmed whilst Odell was in LA for his sold-out Troubadour show in May. Like most good narratives, the film ends with serenity even though there’s not complete closure.

No comments: