Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Katy B giving us a lesson "What Love is Made of"

British urban pop starlet Katy B is back, takes to the streets and giving us a lesson in the brand new gloomy music video for her stand-along rave-pop track, "What Love Is Made Of," the lead single to come from Katy's soon to be announced second album, which is expected for release in October via Rinse/Columbia. The mellow house-pop track is out on July 8, and it's also the follow-up to the 24-year-old singer's 2011 debut album "On A Mission." Apparently it's made of street racing and dancing which is exactly what I thought!
Back in March, Katy revealed that she had nearly completed work on her sophomore studio album. "Everything is great," she said of the record. "I've basically got some great tracks and I think I'll just keep writing until the end. A lot of stuff is getting mixed and mastered at the moment, so you just never know when you can just write something special at the last minute." Katy also revealed that there were more tracks which "you can imagine me singing in my bedroom rather than in the middle of a dance floor", and went on to add: "Where I am in my life at the moment, and with my age group as well, I think reality has kind of kicked in."
Katy blew us away earlier this month with her scorching potential song-of-summer, "What Love Is Made Of." Seriously though Katy delivers an infectious synth-pop/trance track that makes you move your head without even realizing it. The upbeat number showcases an undeniably pop-heavy sound that is sure to warrant significant radio spin. Katy's vocals are so ethereal and flawlessness. If she is to be believed, love is made of catchy-as-hell hooks and bouncy synths that make you want to dance like school just let out for summer break.
The accompanying visuals is quite the butch affair, directed by Emil Nava who's taking inspiration from the movies, or, more specifically, the "Fast And Furious" franchise. The video features the "Aaliyah" singer in the middle of a melee of London boy racers, as Katy sings and scowls over the hot house/alt-disco beat and surveys all sorts of tricked-out rides with lights, glitter, and custom paint jobs. Katy not only gets involved in the world of underground of street racing, but she falls hard for a new and potentially dangerous love interest. Back away slowly, girl... this might not end well.

No comments: