Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Priyanka Chopra duets Will.i.am for "In My City"

The Bollywood astounding actress-turned-singer Priyanka Chopra is nervous and excited but has taken a great step in her career to become an international singer with the release of her music video for her debut single "In My City." Within minutes of Chopra releasing her single "In my City" along with her international team in Mumbai, Chopra's close to three million twitter fans, ensured that their star took the number one position on Twitter.
No one in the Bollywood town has gone this far in singing. After signed with Universal Music Group (UMG), Chopra began traveling between India and Los Angeles to work on her album. "In My City" talks about resonating with the party culture of urban cities. Chopra elaborated that the inspiration behind the song was "[about] welcoming anyone into your home, your city," but not any one city in particular, since her father was a former army doctor, and they had to travel all over India. "In My City" paid homage to this nomadic childhood of hers and journey from being a small-town girl, to being a successful actor.
Featuring guest vocals from American rapper will.i.am, the RedOne-Produced up-beat song is eclectic, peppy, and electrifying from the start and her vocal finesse instantly uplifts the single which starts up with perky tune and short introductory titles. The song explodes after a point in its massiveness and stays in the head. The impeccable notes and pitch makes one wonder if it's really Chopra.
The 30-year-old Indian actress and recording artist described the release of her debut single as the beginning of her musical journey, and she is looking like a true rockstar and made it a point to add some desi-meets-global dance moves in her kitsch clip. "I wanted to give it an Indian flavor in terms of dancing. I wanted the world to see what Bollywood is all about," Chopra said. The clip begins with a pair of really ugly looking boots stepping out of the beemer, followed by bright fuschia fingers caressing the car, it's obvious who they belong to.

No comments: