Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Florence+The Machine updated "Lover To Lover"

Indie rock band Florence + The Machine have already unveiled one video for their powerful tune, "Lover to Lover," the darkly stripped-back live clip that surfaced in January, but the English powerhouse went in a much more cinematic direction when releasing an updated set of visuals, which premiered last Wednesday on Nowness. The gospel-tinged blastoff appears on the band's 2011 hit sophomore set, "Ceremonials," and is scheduled to be released on December 4th as their fifth single.
This song finds lead singer Florence Welch singing of hopping from "room to room, bed to bed." It was inspired by '60s Soul numbers such as "I Heard It Through The Grapevine." She explained to Mojo magazine: "It's me saying, 'I want to make a song just like this.' I was listening to lots of Marvin Gaye and lots of Otis Redding, and 'Lover To Lover' was me wanting to make a song I could imagine a male Soul singer doing. I was listening to a lot of Sam and Dave, as well." The arena-scale Motown of "Lover to Lover," is reminiscent of the Eurythmics at their most soulful.
Helmed by director Vincent Haycock, the dramatic new clip features shots of Welch in the throes of a tumultuous and disintegrating relationship with up-and-coming Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn as their lovers' quarrel escalates into something a little more darkly dramatic. "It was completely improvised," she said. "I had to think about things that I was actually angry and upset about. It is cathartic, but you have to literally let yourself go. Ben is so sweet and accommodating - afterwards he gave me this massive hug and made me feel so comfortable."
Beginning in a drab Los Angeles house and building to a cathartic gospel frenzy, the romance ends as the lovesick heroine disappears amid mist into the Pacific Ocean. The baroque pop chanteuse Welch playing a put-upon housewife who echoes the track's heart-aching refrain, and performs a Tale of American Heartbreak who sets a fire burning possessions and seeking her salvation and gets swallowed up by the ocean in a washed-out California beach town and according to Welch, the shoot was an emotional one: "It was the most intense experience because we shot the whole day before; I went back to the hotel, slept for three hours, woke up and dove into the sea."

No comments: