Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jim Kerr: "Belfast Child" (#1 UK single '89)

James "Jim" Kerr (born in Glasgow on 9 July 1959) is a Scottish musician and singer-songwriter, famous for his work with the rock band Simple Minds from Scotland. They achieved five UK number one albums, and a number one single "Belfast Child" from their album "Street Fighting Years" in 1989. The song "Belfast Child" uses the music from the Irish folk song "She Moved Through the Fair", but has completely different words. It is also known as the "Ballad of the Streets".

Today is Jim's 50th birthday, and I'd like to share his video which is released 20 years ago with you again. The video to the song was shot in black and white and displays poignant footage of children and the destruction of the bombing. Happy 50th birthday, Jim!!!

No comments: