Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Carrie Underwood | "Something In The Water"

Carrie Underwood kicks off her upcoming album, "Greatest Hits: Decade #1," due out December 9, with new Christian-country crossover hit, "Something in the Water," and although it's her first mainstream Christian release since her 2005 smash hit "Jesus Take the Wheel," the spiritual heartstring-tugger's music video has some praising the singer's spirited video which featuring dynamic, sensual dancing and others criticizing the choreography. The video is a gorgeous illustration of the song's lyrics, which speak to Underwood's strong Christian faith.
Underwood is known to throw in a Christian hymn here and there when performing live, but as for an original Christian tune "Something in the Water," which is presumably about the ordinance from Jesus Christ to be baptized, Underwood holds nothing back while showcasing her heavenly high vocal range. Despite the criticism the lyrics are overtly Christian. In the first verse the former American Idol is heard talking about tough times. "Wasting a life that the Good Lord gave me," she belted out the powerful ballad.
"Then somebody said what I'm saying to you/ Opened my eyes and told me the truth. They said, 'Just a little faith, it'll all get better.' So I followed that preacher man down to the river and now I'm changed, And now I'm stronger. There must've been something in the water," She continued. The song ends with the Oklahoma native triumphantly singing "Amazing Grace." Underwood certainly provides the listener with a heart felt and righteously powerful performance and the words of her last verse speak of the joy and peace that Jesus promises when someone opens their heart to Him.
An awe-inspiring choir and dance troupe join the country superstar in this spiritually drenched clip, directed by Raj Kapoor, features more than a few things in the custom-built tank of recycled water, including 12 dancers, three costume changes and 16 choir members. Everyone splashes around a flooded soundstage while Underwood stands in the middle, giving it up to God in a series of rotating outfits. Others think Underwood pushed the envelope too far with scenes in the video where she is laying down around a group of under dancers on top of each other.

No comments: