Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Melanie Fiona debuts 'Wrong Side of A Love Song'

Just hours before the Grammys are announced, Roc Nation-managed artist Melanie Fiona just dropped the official music video on Jay-Z's Life+Tmes website for her Grammy-nominated Motown-inspired tune, "Wrong Side of a Love Song," taken from the 29-year-old Canadian songbird's latest sophomore album, "The MF Life," which expanding on the classicist R&B influences of her debut, and also incorporates elements of soul and rock music.
Up for "Best Traditional R&B Performance" at the 2013 Grammy Awards, Fiona called this backwards love ballad, "thinking about how did I get here," in which she sings of heartache. Fiona wrote the songs when she was in the middle of a happy relationship, which later ended. She explained: "I actually wrote all the songs that I ended up living, before I lived them, which is really crazy. I found myself with all the records that I wrote in succession and they actually told the story of what happened in that relationship. I was in the relationship and at the time; I didn't foresee it ending."
Since it's one of her fave tracks off her "The MF Life" album, she claims, it's no surprise Fiona took her time with making emotional roller coaster visuals to fit the song. When your relationship goes through a rough patch, do you ever find yourself saying, "wait a minute... how did we get here?" Fiona shows the ups and downs of love in the Larenz Tate-directed video for the single "Wrong Side Of A Love Song." Lucky Fiona drafted the handsome Omari Hardwick as her love interest; their portrayal of each side of the "love song" is raw, realistic, and it's very, very truthful.
The heart-wrenching song is brought to life through the dramatic clip, visualizing the incredible highs and devastating lows of a relationship gone wrong. In the powerful narrative, an emotional Fiona cries, laughs, fights, and flirts with her hunky co-star Hardwick while showcasing her acting chops, amazing skills vocally and on the songwriting end of things as she pours out her heart out over the guitar riffs, showcasing her powerful pipes to the camera and belting out the soulful ballad. Check out how high emotions ran in this true-to-life video.

No comments: