Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Drake reveals debuts "Started From The Bottom"

Drake struggled for years to make it to the top as he recounts his journey to stardom and sets his origin story straight in his surprisingly hilarious new video for his latest song, "Started From The Bottom," the lead single from his upcoming third project, "Nothing Was the Same," due out this summer. With his third major label LP on the way, the 26-year-old Canadian rapper seems ready to take things up another level. The bottom never looked so far away.
If you think Drake had an easy come-up, think again. On his new single "Started From the Bottom," Drake lets everyone know that it wasn't all peaches and cream, as he reveals on the song filled with fire and underlying frustration that because he didn't come out of the ghetto like some other rappers, he is portrayed as never having struggled. It's true Drake's journey isn't thought to be the typical rags-to-riches rap story, still the hardships are all relative.
Lyrically, "Started from the Bottom" addresses Drake's early life and career beginnings. He commented of its concept, "I feel sometimes that people don't have enough information about my beginnings and therefore they make up a life story for me that isn't consistent with actual events. I did not buy my way into this spot and it was the furthest thing from easy to achieve. I am proud of every part of my past and I'm excited for this song to find a place in your life as well." Sonically the sinister-sounding song is a departure from his earlier works, but that doesn't make it any less potent.
The clip's director X stays pretty true to its name, depicting Drake's rise to stardom. It finds Drake starting at the bottom in a pharmacy before being promoted to night manager. He and his boys start out as scrubs trying to pick up girls at their convenience store jobs. They eventually grind their way to partying with an endless line of hot girls and lounging on private jets. There's probably some semblance of a logical narrative at work here, but without overthinking it, the clip gives off a celebratory tone that's probably not far removed from the feeling inside Drake's camp on this very night, and it is also a celebration of Drake and his team's journey from the bottom to life on top.

No comments: