Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cher Lloyd lives her own fairytale 'With Ur Love'

After the mixed response and the commercial success of her lead single "Swagger Jagger," Cher Lloyd has an enchanting new US version music video for her follow up single, "With Ur Love," the second single taken from the 19-year-old British 'X Factor' alum's debut studio album, "Sticks + Stones." Love is in the air. It's definitely the perfect fairytale-themed video, though we must confess.
Musically "With Ur Love," is a mid-tempo song with elements of bubblegum and R&B. Its lyrics talk about the euphoria of being in love. "I feel like I'm on top of the world with your love," Lloyd insists on the chorus. It's sweet and sugary with an addictively sharp edge, and a plaintive slice of R&B-infused pop with a big fat shiny chorus, plays to her strengths far better. The track is also a charming M.I.A.-inspired ditty that fuses a lolloping childlike bassline with bouncy beats and some surprisingly sugary-sweet melodies.
Lloyd commented about the difference between the first two tracks from album: "It's very different. The two songs are miles apart. My first single showed my attitude and aggressive style, while this one is more stripped-back with me being me. It basically gives you a good insight into what the album is going to be like, so I think it was a good choice." The recording has brought comparisons to Avril Lavigne, and Lloyd herself described the track as one where she, "actually gets to sing instead of jumping around like an idiot."
The Hannah Lux Davis-directed video shows Lloyd plays the evil queen, sits in a gold throne in a castle, lives her own fairytale and hosting a dinner party for a few handsome male guests together with her gorgeous female companions who are actually witches like Lloyd's character in the clip. With her purple laser-beam-monster eyes, she and her girlfriends mix up enchanting magic potions to seduce their men and steal their spiritual essences and souls to create her ultimate prince. It's just another day in the castle.

No comments: