Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Keyshia Cole Finds The One in "Long Way Down"

Keyshia Cole premieres the new video for "Long Way Down," the second single off of her new fourth album "Calling All Hearts," which just came out this week. It's the follow-up to her first three albums, all platinum-sellers that had multiple R&B hits. Since 2005, powerful, passionate and on the cutting edge of contemporary R&B, Hip-Hop and Soul, four-time Grammy nominee, Cole, now 29, has secured her spot in the R&B world, releasing hit songs about heartache and love lapses that were reminiscent of Mary J. Blige. Listen to those luring pain-soaked vocals and it's no secret why so many men are dying to break her heart and put it back together again.
But this time around, Cole's lead single "I Ain't Thru" with Nicki Minaj, has not created a buzz for the singer as it has done in the past. Cole says she made the decision to release the song, even though her record label disagreed. "The label didn't want to drop the record because they knew that people wanted a more intense, soulful record from me about love, I just think that people expect me to be, you know, an artist that sings about just love. But I'm always growing as an artist and I have to feed my artistry," she said. So on "Calling All Hearts," Cole says she's returning to her signature style, while adding a "grown woman" twist at the same time.
I read local newspaper two days about her, titled "Oakland's Keyshia Cole doesn't have to be No.1." Cole is at her best when she's slugging. Cole's journey, from the mean streets of Oakland and an adopted family to achieving her dreams as a singer-songwriter, is one of today's truly extraordinary and inspirational success stories. Need a last minute Christmas gift? Thеn consider Cole's "Calling All Hearts," among 14 songs, is an emotional manifesto about life and love in our modern world. Cole is following up the song with "Long Way Down," which she says people seem to like because of its mid-tempo groove and focus on love, аnd delight іn the smooth vocals οf thіѕ four-time Grammy nominee.
Just when she thought she was through with love, a broken-hearted Cole finds the one. "Long Way Down" has more of a gritty, hip-hop lean to it, with a head-knocking beat and the same type of love dilemma's that Cole faced on her debut "The Way It Is." The song, about being faced with the choice between giving up on love or taking a chance, the R&B songstress dedicates the piano-driven ballad to the love of her life, with her fiancee, NBA star Daniel Gibson playing the role of her love interest in the clip. "Just when I said that I was through with love," Cole belts on the pre-chorus, "there he was, telling me he saw my S.O.S." It's another winner for the urban diva, who is still singing about her life exactly "the way it is" with the same honesty and rawness that she exploded onto the scene with five years ago.

No comments: