Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Adele's Mega-Angry In "Rolling in the Deep" Clip

Adele, the UK songstress who successfully crossed the pond with her 2008 critically acclaimed debut album "19" is gearing up for "21," her highly anticipated new sophomore release. After winning the Grammy for Best New Artist last year, it seemed she took a break from the music scene in the states. Her official video for her amazing lead single, "Rolling In The Deep" has premiered on iTunes yesterday and it is breathtaking in its simplicity. Adele sits alone in a stark room belting out the song amidst scenes of destruction.
It's been a while since we've heard from the two-time Grammy Award winner songstress whose hit song "Hometown Glory" has been everywhere. She's still got that powerful, soulful voice and you can hear that influence in the stomping "Rolling in the Deep," which was written quickly and in the heat of the moment. "I was so angry that I finished 'Rolling in the Deep' in about an hour," the 22-year-old , tells PEOPLE of the witty revenge tune. Sometimes anger can produce something beautiful. On this revenge song, Adele lays into a former boyfriend. "It's me making a bit of a statement," she told Q Magazine.
The soulful Adele describes the revenge tune as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune." it's a sweet mix of soul, blues and folk with a bit of an indie rock feel on top. Adele's vocals are as powerful as they ever were. "We were kind of expecting to come up with another 'Chasing Pavements,'" says Adele of another track on the album, "but we ended up with this beautiful gospel piano tune, and it's lovely." Yes, Adele is done chasing pavements on "Rolling in the Deep," which is sung from the perspective of a scorned lover, who is finally able to see the light, but despite regretful sentiments, reconciliation is not an option here.
Like "19," the "21" title refers to Adele's age at the time the songs were written. The British singer explained on her website that the album "knocked me for six when writing it." As for the themes of her new album, Adele explains, "I've grown up. I can deal with rejection better and I'm not as serious in my normal life as I was in my music." The video directed by Sam Brown featuring "strong images of a female warrior performing a contemporary dance." If any other artist said they could film an entire music video sitting in a chair and singing, while the world fell apart around them, I would laugh and say, "nice try Susan Boyle." But when Adele does it, the result is a magical and emotional mini-movie that tells a story just as heart wrenching as the song itself. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the dancer, Adele reminds me of a modern Miss Havisham in Great Expectations.