Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Greyson Chance Is "Waiting Outside The Lines"

Move over Justin Bieber, there's a new guy in town called Greyson Chance, who made a name for himself by covering Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" in April, over 34 million people, the third most viewed video of the year on YouTube, and landing the first spot immediately on Ellen DeGeneres' record label, Chance's star is born. The 13-year old musical prodigy from Oklahoma continues to impress, he's now ready to release his first-ever music video, for "Waiting Outside the Lines," the first single from his three-song debut EP is expected early 2011. "The 'Waiting Outside the Lines' video takes you on a journey. I had so much fun working on it and am really excited to share it with my fans!" said Chance, who's hoping it gets just as many views as his star-making clip.
"The song comes from the heart and I hope and pray that my fans can use it to 'escape' from all the pressures of life. I can't wait for everyone to take this journey with me," Chance said about the song on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. For starters, Chance moves away from bubble gum pop from his first single, which will hopefully help anyone who is in some sort of trouble find the strength to move on. There's more to life that this, he promises. Given how talented he is and how beautifully he puts it in song, it's impossible not to believe him.
Chance gets mobbed by a group of adoring female fans before ending up in an empty room soaking wet under the rain in his new music video, which was directed by Sanaa Hamri, who explained what he wanted the video to mean. "With 'Waiting Outside the Lines,' I heard and saw Greyson and the piano in different environments," he said." The metaphor of this video is how we're all transported when we hear music. The video starts off in a road and then it transforms into a rooftop and then onto a sidewalk and then into the middle of the rain. I like to call it a mini-film. The whole concept is saying that everything in the world can come down on you, but you're still gonna break through," he explained to MTV News from the video's set. "Especially when the rain comes down, I'm letting it pour on me and I don't care, but in the end, I'm bone-dry and I'm getting through my problem."
All the scenes in video represent the incredible journey taking chances can take the young star. We think he knows a little bit about taking chances. The video also features a piano with words scribbled all over it, and Chance said he was inspired by a certain punk band with a flame-haired lead singer for the design. "I was inspired by the Riot album cover by Paramore, with the different words and then the red word that said 'Riot,' " he explained. "And I said, 'That's so cool. I wonder if I can make a piano like that?' So now we actually have the piano with all the different words, and then I've always dreamed of having an inverted piano with black keys and white sharps and flats, so we have that too. It's been really cool. I'm so glad it's there."

No comments: