Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

T.I. And Keri Hilson Stay True In "Got Your Back"

Southern rapper T.I. brings the story of his life to the small screen by adapting it for "Got Your Back" music video. The track is the first official single off Tip's highly anticipated seventh studio album "King Uncaged" which is set to hit stores on September 28. The Keri Hilson-featuring new video is inspired by a chapter in T.I.'s life who spent much of 2009 behind bars for weapon possession charge, and the Atlanta rapper rhymes about a lover holding him down during arduous times, and he shows love to the women who stand by their man despite legal woes.
Got Your Back" is a female-friendly cut that essentially attempts to recreate the magic of "Whatever You Like." The song features a bright and bouncy electro/synth beat with a super catchy chorus provided by the ultra fashionable Hilson, while T.I. raps the verses and harmonizes in the song's melodic bridge. "[It's] basically just me showing my appreciation to all the ladies who got they man's back in the world, acknowledging the one who had my back and acknowledging the ones that got they man's back at the same time," T.I. explained about the song to Jamie Foxx. Tip's flawless rap technique with Hilson's incredible vocals makes for one hit fans won't be able to get out of their head.
The clip begins with a couple sitting in a sterile courtroom, the man seated before the judge and his love, tearful, sitting in the row behind him. The video then segues to another couple, showing the female love interest having lunch with her man at his loading-dock job. The visual transitions again to the pair making the best of what legal troubles have done to their lives: She shares a laugh with her incarcerated love during a visit to him in jail. Whether it's the easy bliss of one romance or the strain of another, the clip represents how both women get his back. The rest of the video shows Tip and Hilson performers grooving to "Got Your Back" in various well-chosen outfits, often while separated by a symbolic wall. At the end, T.I.'s real-life fiancée Tomeka "Tiny" Cottle makes a cameo, throwing her hand on the rapper's shoulder in support.
T.I., one of the biggest names in hip-hop, gradually came into his own and established himself as one of rap's most successful MCs during the early 2000s. Father, astute businessman, fashion icon, King of the South, future Hollywood A-Lister, and hip-hop standard bearer. With all these titles, no wonder Atlanta, GA native Clifford Harris needs two monikers to tell his whole story. And with the release of the year's most anticipated rap album, T.I. vs. TIP, we get both sides of one of contemporary music's most compelling characters, who carried a balance of smoothness and toughness.

No comments: