Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nikki Yanofsky Shares Dream "For Another Day"

Canadian jazz-pop singer Nikki Yanofsky just dropped a new video for her latest stunning original compositions "For Another Day" off her new self-titled debut album "Nikki," which was produced by the Grammy-winning pair of Phil Ramone and Jesse Harris, Yanofsky puts her own spin on newly-arranged standards and includes sophisticated originals reflecting her passion for jazz, blues, R&B, soul, and traditional pop.
Montreal-born Yanofsky is a 16-year-old musical prodigy with an extraordinary gift - a magical voice and velvety tone. Singing since she could speak, and as her passion for music grew, so did her voice. Full of pep, playful enthusiasm and an inability to contain herself since her debut at the 2006 Montreal International Jazz Festival, where she won the hearts of the 100,000+ audience, Yanofsky has never looked back. She made a name for herself at the young age of 12, earning her first No.1 hit single in Canada with "I Believe." The hit making her the youngest Canadian artist to achieve that level of success.
Yanofsky stepped on center stage to perform at the 2010 Winter Olympics, her nerves did a curious thing: They vanished. She gave the audience chills with the caliber of her voice. "I never get nervous and I was so nervous for that one," she says. "But I walked out and all my nerves went away. That's how I knew that [performing] is really what I'm supposed to be doing." Sure, not every burgeoning singer gets the chance to gauge whether she's chosen the right career path by belting out a number in front of a captive worldwide audience. But this jazz-inspired Quebec native has never had a problem with shooting for the moon.
Yanofsky co-wrote the languid acoustic ballad "For Another Day," and she shared about the video: "We wanted to tell a story with the video. The song has to deal with dreaming so the whole idea was that I'm in a dream. All these strange things are happening. There's a guy that appears and disappears. He hands me a flower and then I wake up and the flower is actually there."
Her new album "Nikki" pursues a similar agenda of maximum exposure, and all feature Yanofsky's mature and versatile vocals, which seem to channel jazz greats like Ella Fitzgerald through a pop/R&B sensibility. her relationship to jazz is at once evocative and evasive. She says. "Jazz is definitely my first love and I will always want to sing it, but I also love to sing pop, R&B, blues, and everything else, and 'Nikki' definitely reflects that." The music industry is buzzing, to say the least. There is already intense international interest. Her calendar is filling up rapidly and more great things are on the horizon. We all look forward to watching Yanofsky's growth, both as a burgeoning talent, and as a young woman with a radiating, warm and infectious personality.

No comments: