Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants "Get Along"

Chris Shiflett and The Dead Peasants premiered their video exclusively on AOL Music's Spinner for "Get Along," the lead single off the band's debut self-titled album, which was released July 13. Foo Fighters' lead guitarist Shiflett finds himself drawn to the American song quilt on the rock/folk song, "I wrote 'Get Along' about moving out to NYC and having an old friendship fall apart. It made me want to run back to California (which I ultimately did). It's fitting that I name-check Jesse Malin's bar Niagara in it, and now we're out on tour with him."
The Sam Jones-directed video is a stripped-down performance clip that showcases the band's and the song's bare essentials. As such, it's an effective sell. "I was on vacation a few months back with a bunch of our friends and one of 'em, Mr. Jones, asked me if I needed any help with my record," Shiflett tells Spinner. "Without hesitating, I asked him if he could help me make a video. I figured we would do something cheap and on the sly, but he blew me away with a full-on pro video shoot. I never could have made something this good without him."
Shiflett never takes a break. When he's not out touring the globe with the Foo Fighters', he's spending time with his other band, Jackson United. When he's not spending time with JU, he's devoting his efforts to still another band, Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants. The man has an absolutely ravenous appetite for creating music, and he recently began moonlighting as a country-fried Americana troubadour of sorts. Getting back in touch with his country and rockabilly sides, Shiflett hunkered down in the Foo Fighters' studio this past winter with his pickup band, the Dead Peasants for making their self-titled debut album.
Shiflett draws from his country influences on the self-titled release, The album highlights his versatility and skill as both a guitarist and a songwriter that shows a new, perhaps unexpected side of the longtime Foo Fighter lead guitarist: his skill at writing slightly dialed-down, infectious Americana-laced rock songs. The album is chock-full of soulful pedal steel, twang guitar-accented and alt-country inspired rock songs steeped in his longtime appreciation of classic country artists, rockabilly, and deep-rooted rock bands. Built around Shiflett's innate pop sensibilities and punk enthusiasm, each track reveals new layers on repeated and ever rewarding listens. Chris Shiflett and The Dead Peasants sets aside Shiflett's big guitar sound played through a distortion pedal and a loud amp in favor of twangy electric guitars and his beloved Martin acoustic.

1 comment:

Joe Smith said...

Have you checked out the exclusive performance and interview with Chris Shiflett at Radio 104.5? It is awesome: http://www.radio1045.com/pages/studio/chris-shiflett.html