Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Selena Gomez Stuns In Her "Who Says" Video

Selena Gomez and her band the Scene debuted a bright, cheery video for "Who Says" with a distinctive art style and a city setting, which was directed by Chris Applebaum, will premiere on Disney Channel tomorrow. The Disney songstress tones down her photo-model appearance to a casual look to sing with her band and a bunch of fans on the beach. The "Wizards of Waverly Place" star leaves a photo shoot session to walk barefoot down the streets, singing "I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me." She later hits the shore in a casual outfit and jams with The Scene. "The whole video was very fun to shoot. It was really very simple and natural," the 18-year-old actress said.
The single is the lead single from the dance-pop act Selena Gomez & The Scene's third album, which is expected to hit shelves on June 28. The uplifting tune "Who Says" is a single about embracing yourself and not allowing others to bring you down. In an anthem type style, the focus is about shrugging off the critics. "I think that this song is such a great message to my fans and it really touched me when I heard it. 'Who Says' is a song that says 'Who Says' that you're not perfect," Gomez added. "I've always tried to make my fans feel like I'm just like them, because I am - I'm going through everything that I'm going through. Basically, it's to the haters. It's to the people that try to bring you down."
There is a palpable wave of optimism rising through the ranks of teenage pop stars. Gomez's new single, "Who Says," is an an ode to self-worth. The up-tempo paean of self-empowerment was co-written by Priscilla Renea and produced by Eman. The empowering new track premiered Tuesday during On Air With Ryan Seacrest. The digital single was made available four days later on March 14th. Gomez, who has caught a ton of flack from young believers for her relationship with the teen crush of the moment, says the song is aimed at "the haters." As for the song's positive message, it's one that Gomez hopes will "inspire my fans to embrace who they really are."
"Who Says" is a departure from the last few tunes that Gomez has released. Her previous singles "A Year Without Rain," "Round and Round" and "Naturally" have been in the vein of club jams, whereas the new song has a more organic, acoustic vibe to it. Much of the song seems a bit superfluous, "I'm sure you've got some things you'd like to change about yourself, but when it comes to me, I wouldn't wanna be anybody else." And, like many feel good anthems, this one is a little bit tepid. That said, its a cute song and you can check it out below.

No comments: