Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Jennifer Lopez Debuts "On the Floor" ft. Pitbull

Jennifer Lopez returned to the top of the charts with her recent club jam "On The Floor" and synced with its video premiered jointly on season ten of American Idol last night. The sweat-inducing, sticky dance floor track is the lead single taken from her seventh studio album, "Love?" due out on April 19. The immediate success of "On the Floor," perhaps partially propelled by her American Idol status marks a comeback of sorts for Lopez, who suffered two commercial failures with her previous two albums, following a string of unstoppable successes during the early 2000's.
Produced by Lady Gaga's longtime collaborator RedOne, the up-tempo dance-pop song features vocals from Cuban-America rapper Pitbull on the tune, which incorporates a sample of the 1989 hit single "Lambada" by Kaoma. The rapper revealed to MTV News that he has a certain system when it comes to appearing on this type of dance track. "When you got these big, big house records or club records that are very global, I try to come in on what I was raised on, what I'm a fan of, which is just spitting hard," he explained.
The 41-year-old Idol judge said she was looking to evolve her urban/pop sound with this tune. "It feels like me today, which I like. It's not something that you hear and you're like, 'That's not her,' but you also go, 'Is that her? I like that. It's new,' and that's what I wanted. I wanted it to be very me, but I wanted it to be me not from my first album or my second album, but for today." Lopez first rose to fame as a dancer and she told MTV News the song conjures up nostalgic feelings for her. "The minute RedOne played it for me, I made him play it 20 times in a row, and I just sat there at the board and I kept listening to it and listening to it," she explained. "Because I really feel like, emotionally, I connected to it, but also because of how much I love to dance and how much that's always been such a big part of who I am since I started. Since I was a little girl, I just totally connected with the idea of getting out there."
The video scenes depict an underground club culture and tie-in with the lyrics of the song, was directed by TAJ Stansberry, who told MTV News, the video is all about originality. "Originality, being you. This song is about being who you want. It's about letting loose. There's no explanation. This is this underground video, this underground party." During the video shoot, Lopez told MTV News that the video mirrors the song's theme. She said "I play one character where she kind of runs this party, acts like she's kind of over it, but at the same time loves it and loves this kind of underground kind of party dance culture. So I got to be wild and crazy, and at the same time I got to be sexy and sweet too." Lopez has since dusted off and, indeed, appears to have put all that behind her, so to speak. These days, she's crushing it.

No comments: