Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Colbie Caillat Says 'I Do' With Airy California Vibe

Colbie Caillat premiered the music video for "I Do", the official lead single from the California singer's upcoming third full length, "All of You," which is slated for release on May 3. The upbeat cheery tune, was released on February 7, and it hit No.1 on iTunes store its first day. The Grammy Award-winning pop singer said "I Do" is supposed to be sort of a joke but it is hard to explain and it is about marriage.
Caillat is one of the few in the business that really radiates genuine character that is only concerned with being who she is. She hasn't been one to push new genre envelopes or try to innovate in a completely new way. Instead, she remains true to herself and this works fantastically. Caillat's music has always had a soft, supple flow and "I Do" is no exception. The three-minute track plunging in cold feet and all. Caillat develops a smart and uncomplicated acoustic sound in the upbeat, happy sunny-day song, which was written by Caillat and Toby Gad and has infectious, finger snapping beat that dances around the hallowed marital vow – all the way to an unexpectedly sweet, teasing finally. Background vocal lines weave across auxiliary percussion beats as Caillat's lead lines carry the tune through three breathless minutes, with only the briefest of pauses.
The acoustic arrangement, the shuffling beat, and the vocals floating along like they are propelled on a gentle ocean breeze are unmistakable trademarks of a Caillat song. If there is a modern California sound, songs like "Bubbly" and "Falling For You" would fit that mold, and "I Do" is a welcome addition to the genre. "I Do" continues this tradition with the protagonist contemplating spending the rest of her life with the one she loves. While a lot of songs that have to do with marriage end up being ballads, "I Do" captures the joy of realizing that you are with the person you want to spend your life with, and boasts a massive hook that will embed itself into your brain.
Caillat smiles head to toe about relationships and taking them to the next level because they are fun, spontaneous, loving and tender in her latest video "I Do." Love the energy and visual warmth from director Ethan Lader in Caillat's fuzzy feel good "I Do." Now she does what Malibu California girls do best - smile, giggle, flirt and enjoy the lightness and mystery of life that comes from being in love in "I Do" video. Lader does a stunning job of bringing this feeling to romantic light in the video, which begins with a lazy warm wake up call that we have all experienced - happy and excited to be alive. As Caillat plays guitar and sees real intimacy between an eye-grabbing black and white coupling of two facial close-ups spending timeless time in bed. It all adds up to give you "I Do."

No comments: