Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Keith Urban Says "Without You" Is His Life Story

Keith Urban new music video for his latest ballad single, "Without You," has revealed home footage of the country music star's life! The 43-year-old Country crooner filmed it at Soundstage in Hollywood with Chris Hicky sitting behind the lens. He shares personal home movies with his fans in "Without You" video. The lack-and-white video reveals the Australian country music singer's life after he met and wed his wife Nicole Kidman in images that are not just projected onto the all behind him, but the images surround him as he sings the tender love song.
The romantic new song that Urban called "the most autobiographical song I never wrote," is the second single taken from his pseudo EP "Get Closer," gives a glimpse into fine-tuned domestic bliss. Urban tells PEOPLE that when he first heard the tune, "it was uncanny how much it was suited to my life. I think if I'd written something like this, I would have felt it wasn't poetically disguised enough. Maybe it's because I didn't write it [that] I was able to hear how authentic and truthful it is." I'm not sure how the Eiffel Tower got in there, but we guess that comes under the "traveling, singing, it don't mean nothing without you," part of the lyric.
Urban is literally covered with images of a very full life, and that's exactly how director Hicky wanted it. "We both wanted the world he is singing about to be revolving around him," Hicky said. "So we projected the imagery onto Keith and into the room so it could exist within the song. It was like we had movies playing, and Keith was our movie screen." Urban and Hicky collaborated side by side on this, their 10th video together. "We wanted to keep the video simple by trying not to be too literal with the story and making sure we compliment the song," he said. "We had a good time making it so hopefully the fans love it, too. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out on the road soon."
Marriage has apparently had a terrific effect on him, and no one should begrudge him that fact. But Urban is at his best when exploring the heart's aches and pains, even as expressed on uptempo tunes like "Days Go By" and "Somebody Like You" that find him seeking comfort in either a sweet companion or the open road. One of the most emotive vocalists in the genre, Urban has chosen a song that might fit his life, but doesn't feel all that vital or visionary. A pleasant bit of country pop, "Without You" will stick with you for four minutes and no more.

No comments: