Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lady Gaga seeks sweet revenge in "G.U.Y."

Lady Gaga has just unveiled the 'opulent' music video on NBC immediately before news magazine show Dateline's Saturday Night Mystery for her third "ARTPOP" gender-bending single "G.U.Y.," an acronym for "Girl Under You." The 27-year-old pop star has no problem attaching art to music and she's not showing signs of stopping anytime soon with her new big-budget 12-minute "G.U.Y." video, which sees Gaga lying on a 'vintage' chaise-longue on the middle of a pool, performing a choreography in a golden bikini, wearing a huge head-piece, or singing the Zedd-produced EDM banger next to a harpist.
Gaga revealed to Stylist that she wrote this tune as a "new-age feminist" and explained that the track deals with embracing the female image. "Any kind of feminist has valid views for herself about what it means to be a feminist, but, as a new-age feminist, I would say I quite like the transference of strength I feel by submitting to a man - being under him," she said. "I actually wrote a song about it on my album, it's called 'GUY' and it stands for 'Girl Under You.' So wearing make-up, smelling delicious and having suckable, kissable, edible things between your limbs is something I find strengthening because I know that when I pick the right guy, I can let him have it."
The over-the-top visuals, directed by Gaga herself, were shot over six days at California’s famed Hearst Castle, which has not allowed anyone to film there since the 1960 movie "Spartacus." Gaga insists that her whole thing is "not an act," which she has said before. It's her method of expression, which she claims she'd be doing now even if she were still performing in dives on the Lower East Side. "It's interesting because in this video, the fashion and the psychotic sort of whimsy is all happening around me and it's me almost like Alice in Wonderland going through my own rabbit hole in my brain and re-experiencing the past year of my life," explained Gaga.
The clip opens with Gaga playing the role of a fallen angel face down in the ground, suited-up extras grabbing for money around her before abandoning her while "Artpop" plays. She later stumbles through a dusty terrain, collapsing at the gates of a large castle before she's placed in a pool of water, "Venus" now the soundtrack. She reemerges in a skimpy white outfit as the song everyone came for, "G.U.Y." begins. Once she reaches her Valhalla, Gaga and co. unleash a series of dance moves across the castle, both in water and out of it, while seemingly plotting her revenge against the executives grabbing for money in the opening shot. Eventually, she travels to their offices, where she has her revenge of sorts.

No comments: