Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Jennifer Lopez objectifies men in 'I Luh Ya PaPi'

Jennifer Lopez objectifies men and rocks familiar looks in her sultry new music video for "I Luh Ya Papi," featuring rapper French Montana, during Thursday's episode of American Idol. The saucy clip, directed by Jessy Terrero and shot in Miami, is the first music video off Lopez's eighth studio album, turns the tables on pop music, rap video stereotypes and objectifies men for a change. It also features throwbacks to Lopez's most famous looks of all time, including her "On the 6" album artwork, her "I'm Real" music video and the infamous Versace cleavage-and-more-baring dress she wore to the Grammys in 2000.
Produced by Noel "Detail" Fisher, this upbeat, summery "I Luh Ya Papi" finds Lopez expressing her "luh" for her beau, and she enlisted fellow Bronx native Montana, who jumps in at the end reciprocating the feelings for his true love. Released as the lead single from the singer's upcoming eighth album, the sunny and infectious tune got its first play during Lopez's trip to Power 106's New at 2 show with Yesi Ortiz on March 5, and has also spawned a remix from Big Sean. "My roots are hip-hop, my roots are R&B, my roots are pop, my roots are Latin," Lopez told Power 106. "All that always comes out in my records. I've always found that when I follow my own heart, that's when my music is the best. This album is right back to that for me."
Sick of all the under-dressed ladies that rappers like to have decorating their sets like sexy lawn ornaments? So is Lopez who's still Jenny from the block, as the 44-year-old diva clearly wanted to spice things up a bit, breaks it down and have men's bodies exposed for once instead of women's. That's why she decided to switch things up and put male eye candy in tiny bikini bottoms, slather them in oil and perch them around the pool. And it's pretty glorious! This isn't exactly moving us past the sexual objectification of music videos, but it sure is fun to watch.
After being pitched some lame treatments for video, the American Idol judge and her girlfriends dream up a concept where the men are the ones being objectified: "Why do men always objectify the women in every single video? Why can't we for once objectify the men?" Cue a fully-clothed Lopez sitting in bed with two naked men "for no reason" whatsoever. The entertainer and her dancer pals then change into matching denim looks before boarding their yacht. Once on board, the women are once again surrounded by quite a lot of the shirtless and almost bottomless men. Luckily for Montana who escapes the blatant objectification when he shows up for his verse. Watch Lopez turns the tables while paying homage to her past in this fun and flirty video.

No comments: