Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hunter Hayes reveals bullying past in "Invisible"

Hunter Hayes goes for full-on inspirational in the touching video for his latest single, "Invisible," debuted at this year's Grammy Awards in January 26, is the first single from Hayes' sophomore set, "Storyline," out May 6. This new clip depicts the struggles described in Hayes' powerful song, a complex and satisfying expression of vulnerability, plays out various scenarios in which people, especially students, can feel as if they are invisible. Feeling low? Have you ever felt invisible? Hayes' "Invisible" will get you through today.
Hayes is only 22, but the young country artist is going to be hearing from fans for the rest of his career about how his current single, "Invisible," helped them through a rough time. The uplifting song, is about overcoming personal struggles and adversity, whether from bullying or loneliness, a subject that is close to the singer's heart. The message of "Invisible" is more than just your new pick-me-up anthem, but also has a quantifiable real-life impact: For every download of the song from iTunes, 'Child Hunger Ends Here' will donate the equivalent of one meal to 'Feeding America,' up to one million meals.
Hayes spoken earlier about writing this piano ballad about his being bullied in high school, "To me it's also just about being misunderstood. Just me being in high school, just the smallest scale I know compared to a lot of stories that I've heard, a lot of people that I've met... yes, I was a total geek, I was a total nerd, and you know, I still am, and I'm proud of that. But it took me a while to realize that it's OK to be proud of that, right? Because in that time and period of my life, if you didn't fit in, what else was there? Fortunately for me I had incredible parents, I had an incredible support system, musicians around me, and that showed me that there was hope that there was maybe something else I could look forward to."
The clip opens on a night drive amidst gleaming lights, but the '80s-synth nightmare of "Drive," this is not. Instead, the video features vignettes of people down on their luck or faced with a rough situation: a mother ignored by her son, a girl picked on in class, a hungry kid coming home to an empty fridge. Soon, in comes Hayes to the rescue: "Hear me out/ There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now," Hayes sings as the country-pop track swells to an electric climax. Some nifty special effects help the actors bring the song's title to life, but as Hayes delivers an emotional guitar solo, they go from fading to glowing.

No comments: