Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Haim gets down in "If I Could Change Your Mind"

HAIM is back with their third single off the critically acclaimed killer "Days Are Gone" album with “If I Could Change Your Mind." The new clip for their latest track finds the L.A. sister act (Danielle, Este and Alana) juicing its once-scrappy stage show with the kind of coordinated dance routine not often seen in the grungy rock clubs HAIM came up playing. From disco shoulders to a 'Soul Train' backdrop, the sisters live out their own fantasy. It is a far cry from their more indie inspired "The Wire" and "Don't Save Me" videos.
"If I Could Change Your Mind," is about ending relationships. Este Haim told NME: "You think back to the decision that you made to not be with someone any more and whether it was really the right one. It's kinda a weird thing, especially in my case. I'm 27 now and I'm not old but I think the relationships that you have you think about longevity. So when you do break up with someone there's always a thing in your head of, What if that was the one and you said goodbye?" The song is one of the catchiest on the album and it bears all the hallmarks of good dance-rock: sweeping synth lines, Nile Rodgers-like guitars, clattering drum machine and lyrics about misunderstood love.
Although the song is more dance driven, there are peaks and valleys. Este's vocals stand out with their soft yet stern attack to the song, with lyrics like "If I could change your mind/ I would hit the ground running/ It took time to realize/ and I never saw it coming." And because it's not too heavy-handed, the Jewish sister rocker trio only add to it with their wind-milling arm dances, tight circle of clapping and Charlie's Angels-esque silhouette breaks throughout the video. They know that changing minds is always a lot easier when everyone is having fun.
Directed by Warren Fu, the performance video sees the HAIM sisters in a variety of settings from the trio being circled by the camera playing their instruments, to act out corny, melodramatic, fun dance routines with only a dash of irony on a backdrop that's equal parts American Bandstand and a vintage Calvin Klein cologne ad inspired stage, completed with "HAIM" in bright neon behind them. Later, the stage turns to a darker shade, while they girls pick up their instruments and play. Not only credible vocalists and musicians, but their dancing is very well choreographed too. The HAIM juggernaut continues!

No comments: