Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Tom Odell walking through a forest in "I Know"

Tom Odell takes a rather long walk on a desolate road through a misty forest in the music video for his latest cut "I Know," the fifth single from Odell's chart-topping debut studio album, "Long Way Down," which dropped just last summer that went gold in September. When it comes to songwriting, Odell is not afraid of exposing himself. It's evident when you listen "Long Way Down," which filled with earnest, yearning love songs.
The 23-year-old British singer-songwriter and pianist's music stands somewhere outside of the contemporary in an evergreen spot reserved for urgent singer-songwriters and their breakup ballads. "Songs are about just being totally honest and putting those words to music," Odell explains. "I Know"  finds Odell singing about the realization that something he loves is over. Like the other tracks on his "Long Way Down" album, it is autobiographical. He told Q magazine: "I want to write songs people can relate to. I want people to cry, or be in ecstasy. So it has to be real. I find this song fits in perfectly with the wintery theme.
The accompanying beautifully-photographed performance video sees Odell performing the track while walking in slo-mo through a Scandinavian forest. "We wanted to shoot a stripped down performance piece on Odell in some moody Scandinavian light," director Magnus Harder explained. "It's something very subdued and at the same time, a very powerful song, so putting Tom in this alluring environment makes sense (at least for me)." It was shot in the atmospheric woods of Mörkö (known as the 'Dark Island'), south of Stockholm, Sweden.
Not the most easy going location. pretty distant, lots of mud, camera trucks stuck in the mud, flat tyres, wild boars and very short daylight time. DoP Simon Rudholm captured Odell's performance using rare vintage Polish film lenses. Then, to compliment the dark soul of the location, some neat visual effects conjure the video's surprisingly surreal and chilling ending. But then, once night falls, it ultimately becomes quite spooky... Give the video a watch to see who is waiting for him at the end of one very long road.

No comments: