Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Killers retrace careers in "Just Another Girl"

The Killers have unveiled a glitzy music video for their surging "Just Another Girl," a new tune included on their first greatest hits compilation and career-spanning best-of "Direct Hits." The Glee star Dianna Agron steals the mic from The Killers' lead singer Brandon Flowers in the new video as the 27-year-old actress impersonates frontman by styling his rockstar ensembles from the band's past music videos. The whole thing has this "Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love video meets a Killers-themed episode of Glee" vibe.
The song, a strummy midtempo jam, is a collaboration between Stuart Price, who had previously worked with the band on their third studio album "Day & Age," and frontman Brandon Flowers. It seems to find room for every era of the band's career: The strummy dustbowl Springsteen influence, the blaring neon synths, the glammy strut. There's also something that I can only describe as a robotic slide-guitar sound in there. The Killers' Las Vegas-inspired aesthetic is forever.
The Killers' drummer Ronnie Vannucci Jr recently called putting out a 'best of' a "douchie move," and admitted that the band weren't pleased with the decision to release a greatest hits album at this point of their career, but their contract agreement with their record label forced them to do so: "I don't feel like everybody put their prints on it. We're all playing on it, but we had to do things in stages. I cut those drums in Cincinnati then Stuart processed them. It's not what would happen normally."
The Warren Fu-directed music video finds Glee alum portraying Flowers, complete with the singer's stylish signature suit jacket, which includes feathers for shoulder pads, donning rock 'n' roll duds that echo his onstage guises over the years and "All These Things That I've Done" era mustache as the band's history is retraced through the lens of their past music videos. "All of my friends say I should move on/ All of my friends say she's just another girl," goes the song's chorus. Flowers does show up near the end of the clip, but only to applaud Agron's job well done.

No comments: