Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

OneRepublic sings "Something I Need" for living

OneRepublic have premiered a music video for their newest single, "Something I Need," the fourth single from alternative rock band's latest third studio album, "Native," which is refreshing and catchy, finds frontman Ryan Tedder and his bandmates bringing all of their considerable musical prowess to bear in the service of these massive, melodic, state-of-the-art pop songs. Consequently, "Native" is a major player in a growing revolution for musical accountability in pop music and a release that should have people excited for the future of pop once again.
OneRepublic are always incredibly light, catchy, and get stuck in my head for days. "Something I Need," is no exception. Co-written by Tedder and Benny Blanco, "Something I Need" celebrates the fact that even if a couple loses everything, they still have each other ("Honey, you don't need to be afraid/If we got nothing, we got us"). "Something I Need" says, "Woke me up right after 2:00/Stayed awake and stared at you/So I wouldn't lose my mind." That song also includes a line about getting drunk to cope with life's stresses: "Last night I drank too much/Call it our temporary crutch."
Beginning with a revelation about only living once, "Something I Need" ends with the line: “If we only die once, I wanna die with/ if we only live once, I wanna live with you." finally stating the answer to the question of with whom exactly he wants to live and, by extension, die. It's absolutely predictable, but that's beside the point. "Something I Need" is cheesy, emotionally barren, and clichéd. It is one of my favorites songs on the album, although it had to grow on me, I knew "Something I Need" would be picked as official single at some point.
"The video for 'Something I Need' will hands down be the craziest video we've done," Tedder and his bandmates said of the music video last month. "And funniest. And hopefully best. Time for a risk." The group take an interesting and comical approach for the video. Directed by Cameron Buddy, the four-minute clip sees an awkward and ordinary man dealing with his bad luck man after finding himself attracted to a gorgeous woman. The man eventually gets close to the woman after being attacked several times by a vicious hound infected with rabies and a gospel choir. It's cute and entertaining.

No comments: