Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Valora Unveiled Their Debut "I Waited For You"

The hard rock band Valora have released the official music video for their first and title song from band's Hollywood Records debut album, "I Waited For You," will be released to digital retailers on October 24th. Musically, Valora could be considered fans of hard rock bands such as Muse and Foo Fighters, but within the band's style flows an expanse of rock influences.
Valora is a six piece hard rock band from Whittier, California. featuring electrifying frontwoman Syd Duran, who sings with fearsome conviction, summoning all the just powers of rock into her three-octave range, her powerful vocals and stage presence have catapulted the band from obscurity to national attention. But Duran is about more than technique or stage presence. She has stories to tell: stories about isolation and betrayal, of misbegotten love and life out of whack. As the album shows, her rock vocal chops would mean nothing if she didn't sing from the heart. "I didn't want to write a feel-good record," she says. "You don't always feel good. For the most part, in life you're getting over something."
Valora will be issuing their debut album, "I Waited for You," in the coming months. The album opens with this savagely indignant "I Waited For You," a song Duran co-wrote a few years ago, and which drew early attention to the band. "I'm really proud of it," she says. "I wrote it right out of high school." "I Waited for You" was produced by Grammy-nominated Johnny K and mixed by Neil Avron. It's simple and raw – no horns, no synths, no auto-tuned perfection. "The main thing Johnny had to understand about Valora was the feeling I want people to get when they hear my voice," Duran says. "I needed to find a producer that valued vocals as much as I do."
For a paltry $500, an early incarnation of Valora snuck into local Whittier High school after hours and shot their own DIY video for "I Waited For You," which intrigued Hollywood Records execs. Duran explained: "We decided that 'I Waited for You' was probably the catchiest thing we did and it had potential to be a hit. So we found a film student that made the video for us for a budget of like $500. We broke into my local high school [Whittier High] and shot it there. Then we threw it up on the Internet and this was right when YouTube starting blowing up."

No comments: