Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Jason DeRülo Is Feeling Blue In "Breathing"

Jason DeRülo has just unleashed a music video to support his latest dance track "Breathing," the third promotional cut taken from his sophomore set "Future History," which he once said, "People talk about the second album pressures all the time, but when you're writing your own material I think the pressures go away." The singer called the album the "greatest accomplishment in my life right now." The "Watcha Say" hitmaker is coping with a heartbreak and he visualizes it in his dark video.
Surprisingly, this video was quite engaging for a Dance/Pop release and thanks to clever vocal production, his voice sounded great. DeRülo once said: "There's a song on album called 'Breathing' where a lot of influences took part: African chants, Euro-dance, rock guitar and bits that you can't even hear on the finished version." He continued: "That song means a lot to me as it's serious and heartfelt, but the melody is the exact opposite. It's about my cousin, who recently passed away."
The 22-year-old Miami native explained why he made such an uptempo song about his cousin's death: "It's partly about my cousin's passing and partly about a relationship I was in. It has a positive-negative vibe to it. If you're going through something you don't have to dwell in it. You can pick yourself up and that was the thought process behind writing this song and during the recording process, during the writing process it was pretty emotional and pretty rough for me. I was actually in tears when I was making the record."
DeRülo brought back director Colin Tilley for "Breathing" video, and exposes his inner turmoil so thoroughly in the video he's practically iridescent. He's stuck in an old chair surrounded by cobwebs singing about his lost love. When he reaches the climactic yell of the chorus, stretching out the word "breathing" for several seconds, he starts twitching and finally jumps out of his chair and shows off seizure-stimulated moves to the rhythm of the tribal-sounding music. Well produced and a far cry from the cliche ridden affairs that have been his previous efforts, the song and the video are impressive from start to finish.

No comments: