Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I really appreciate your visit or come back. In order to serve you best, I've launched a new blog. You'll continue find daily blog posts regarding latest and the best music, movies and TV show I picked. Please click HERE to open my new blog. Thanks and enjoy!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Agnes Goes French On "Sometimes I Forget" Clip

Swedish pop princess Agnes premiered a brand new music video on M6's official YouTube channel for her third single "Something I Forget" from her hit album "Dance Love Pop" in France. The chosen track is "Something I Forget," which as her previous singles released in the mentioned country has been edited to include several verses in French. The track was written by Anders Hansson, Steve Diamond and Agnes. I love this song as much as I love pretty much the entire of this album. And I don't mind really the French edit, Agnes still showcasts beautiful and at the same time amazing vocals.
The track "Sometimes I Forget" was first heard on Agnes' third album "Dance Love Pop," released in 2008 in Sweden. When "I Need You Now" was chosen as the third single across Europe, Agnes french label Sony Music decided a different path for her and released "Sometimes I Forget" as the follow up to her previous massive success of singles "Release Me" and "On and On", which combined has sold over 160,000 copies in France. Like the previous singles, a French version was recorded in January 2010 for the single release, and together with a couple of new remixes a Promo CD was released to radio and television in mid-February.
The Swedish singer is opting for some French lyrics in this newly release ballad. "Sometimes I Forget" was featured on the compilation album "M6 Hits 2010" which was released as digital download on March 15, the very same day that the music video premiered. Though it has yet not been released as a proper single. The music video for "Sometimes I Forget" was filmed in Gothenburg, Sweden on March 3, and is a mix between the 2 versions of the song (the French and the English one). Just like Agnes' earlier videos for "On and On", the international and the UK edit, it was directed by Torbjörn Martin and the production agency is STARK production.
The video starts of with Agnes sitting in front of a make-up table in her dressing room, wearing a 1940-ies peach silkrobe and Swarowski crystals. This scene shifts with intermediate sequences of Agnes in the backseat of a car, on her way to her concert and of her lying in bed singing. The video then shows her i a silver haute couture-dress backstage, walking through the corridors to the stage. She then enters the stage where she is met by flashlights and an audience applauding frenetically. She steps up to an old 1940-ies microphone and starts to sing the chorus. In the end, the light turns off and the hall seems empty and Agnes walks out the the sound of her shoes echoing through the room.

No comments: